03 May Am I Addicted To Benzodiazepines?
It is fairly easy to get addicted to a drug that makes you feel so much better very fast when you are going through periods of anxiety or having a panic attack. Little by little, you reach for the pill even before your symptoms really warrant it. One day, you discover that you simply cannot do without it.
Some of the common signs of addiction to benzodiazepine include:
- You cannot go on a lower dose or completely stop using benzos
- You feel unable to function without it
- You need an increased dose to get the same result you expect (your body became tolerant to the drug)
- Before you get the next pill, or if you run out, you feel severe withdrawal symptoms
- Feeling of depersonalization, depression, anxiety, hypersensitivity, shakes and insomnia
People addicted to this powerful drug frequently hurt themselves and are talking about suicide. This is particularly common among young adolescents and teenagers. In some cases, withdrawal from benzos causes convulsions and psychosis.
You should take signs of benzo addiction very seriously. The drug that can do so much good when taken as needed can do a lot of damage, physically and psychologically, if you let it take over your life. Please contact us if you want to learn more about our treatment program here in Huntington Beach. Even more importantly, feel free to talk to one of our mental health practitioner about the underlying causes for your addiction.